New SDK and API release (1.3)
byon 01-08-2011 at 03:41 PM (30842 Views)
MXit C# WCF SDK 1.3.2
MXit API 1.3.6 have been released.
So what has changed?
On the API level we have made improvements to the throughput and stability of the API Service.
- Apps only allowed to connect once every 30s.
- We are running solidly, let's see how much traffic you can push through.
Redirection between Apps.
You can send a user between two app's that you own with a single click.
- You can open another app in a new temporary tab that persists for the user's session. e.g. run multiple game sessions at once per user in different windows.
- Create a service that performs a shared function that is linked to from different app's.
Key points regarding the implementation: there is a history (stack) of redirects, the special redirect Back takes you to the previous app that you were redirected from.
There is a global whitelist of allowed redirects and a list of allowed redirects per app.
Contact us if you want to redirect to a certain location that isn't allowed yet.
We will open redirects between all your own apps that you have on your dashboard account.
Receive files from users
- You app can now receive audio clips or pictures that the user takes while using your app. Or receive a file that he loads from his phone.
- The possibilities are endless, and you can target a much larger audience to receive files from than MMS or browser based uploads allow.
New samples and connection framework
We now provide a sample application that abstracts the connection handling away from the developer so that you can focus on your application logic and not the WCF specific faults and re-connection handling.
There is also a demonstration snippet for each functionality of the SDK to show how it is used included in the SDK samples.
Gender - male or female: what targeted look and feel will you give to your users now?
RegisteredCountry - in a similar vein to the user's current country, this specifies which country the user chose as his registered country vs his ip based country (currentCountry).
Where do we get this?
The SDK is available on code.mxit.com/download and the API improvements are available to everyone automatically.
Total Trackbacks 0